Baba Ghanoush by Minimilast Baker
Simple 5-ingredient baba ganoush that doesn’t require a grill or gas stove. This new method saves you time and energy and is JUST as delicious – if not more – than the original. Naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Category: Appetizer, Dip, Snack
Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Mediterranean-Inspired, Vegan
Freezer Friendly No
Does it keep? 2-3 Days
- 1 medium organic eggplant
- Sea salt
- Olive oil (for roasting)
- 1 large clove garlic (grated or finely minced)
- 2-3 Tbsp lemon juice (1 medium lemon yields ~3 Tbsp juice)
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro, parsley or basil (optional // chopped)
- Preheat oven to high broil (or medium if you have the ability) and position a rack at the top of the oven.
- Slice your eggplant into 1/4 inch rounds and sprinkle with sea salt and place in a colander in the sink to drain any excess liquid. After 10 minutes, rinse slightly and then pat dry between two towels.
- Arrange on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast for 5-10 minutes, turning once or twice, until the eggplant is softened and golden brown. Remove from pan, stack and wrap the rounds in foil to lock in moisture – wait 5 minutes.
- Peel away most of the skin of the eggplant (a little is OK) and add flesh to a food processor. It should be soft and tender and the skin should come off easy.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, tahini, a pinch of salt and mix until creamy. Add herbs last and pulse to incorporate. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. I added a bit more tahini and another pinch of salt.
- Serve with pita and/or pita chips or veggies (for gluten-free friendly option). Will keep covered in the fridge for several days.
Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jN7bkEaQeQ