Crispy Organic Eggplant with Mint Yogurt by Real Simple
- ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly (can be replaced with mint leaves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ cup (about 3¼ oz.) all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 medium-size organic eggplant, unpeeled and sliced crosswise into ¼-in.-thick rounds
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Fresh coriander leaves
How to Make It
Stir together yogurt, mint jelly, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Place flour in a bowl. Place eggs in a separate bowl. Place panko in a third bowl. Dredge eggplant rounds in flour; dip in eggs, then dredge in panko.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add ¼ of the eggplant to hot oil; cook until crisp on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer eggplant to a plate lined with paper towels; wipe skillet clean. Repeat process 3 times, adding an additional 2 tablespoons of the oil and one-fourth of the eggplant per batch.
Sprinkle cooked eggplant evenly with remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Divide eggplant evenly among 6 plates; spoon yogurt sauce evenly onto plates. Sprinkle evenly with paprika; garnish with cilantro.