Lal Gajar Halwa with Organic Carrots
- 5 cups organic red grated carrots
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup grated khoya
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 5 tablespoon ghee plus 1 tablespoon for frying nuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio for garnish
- ¼ cup cashew nuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom sauce pan. Add grated carrots and fry on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Once the carrots soften, add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Keep stirring and cook until all the juices evaporate. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then add grated khoya and again cook for 5 more minutes.
- Heat a small pan and fry the cashew nuts and raisins.
- Finally, add the fried nuts and dry fruits to the carrot halwa. Stir well, garnish with pistachios and serve hot or warm.