Organic Asparagus Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 clove minced organic garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3.5 cups chopped organic asparagus
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped dill for garnish
- In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden, 5 minutes. Add broth and simmer, covered, until asparagus is very tender but still green, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a regular blender, puree soup. Be sure to stop and remove lid a few times to avoid overheating the soup. Return to pot, stir in cream, then warm over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with herbs and Parmesan cheese if desired.