5 Easy To Make Berry Breakfasts September 22, 2020
Quick, Tasty and Healthy Lunches For Your Week Ahead! August 27, 2020
Smoothie Bowls August 25, 2020
Crispy Organic Eggplant with Mint Yogurt by Real Simple
- ½ cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mint jelly (can be replaced with mint leaves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ cup (about 3¼ oz.) all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese-style breadcrumbs)
- 1 medium-size organic eggplant, unpeeled and sliced crosswise into ¼-in.-thick rounds
- 8 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Fresh coriander leaves
How to Make It
Stir together yogurt, mint jelly, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon of the salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Place flour in a bowl. Place eggs in a separate bowl. Place panko in a third bowl. Dredge eggplant rounds in flour; dip in eggs, then dredge in panko.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add ¼ of the eggplant to hot oil; cook until crisp on both sides, about 1 minute per side. Transfer eggplant to a plate lined with paper towels; wipe skillet clean. Repeat process 3 times, adding an additional 2 tablespoons of the oil and one-fourth of the eggplant per batch.
Sprinkle cooked eggplant evenly with remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Divide eggplant evenly among 6 plates; spoon yogurt sauce evenly onto plates. Sprinkle evenly with paprika; garnish with cilantro.